The Training Program
Coach John Cook preaches about how "little things become big things" when it comes to training and performing at your best. By incorporating running, stretching, strength training, core work, drills, flexibility, recovery, rehab and mental preparation, Cook successfully coached all three of his athletes (Shalane, Erin and Shannon) to berths on the 2008 Olympic Team and both of his athletes (Leo and Shannon) to berths on the 2009 World Championship Team.
Coach Cook shares information about his training program at the 2009 USTFCCCA National Convention:
- FloTrack - Training with Coach Cook - Part 1
- Flotrack - Training with Coach Cook - Part 2
- Flotrack - Coach Cook on preparing athletes to train hard
- Flotrack - Coach Cook on some training specifics
Shannon is featured in the July/August 2011 issue of Running Times. Join her for a run-through of an effective insurance policy against injury and read about how she systematically prepares to remain at the top of the U.S. middle distance line-up.
- 8.2011 - Running Times - Shannon Rowbury's Basic Core Routine
- 8.2011 - Running Times - Rowbury Battles Back
Watch Shannon as she goes through a rigorous work-out in preparation for the 2009 USATF National Championships and the IAAF World Athletic Championships:
Watch one of Cook's former athletes as she goes through a rigorous work-out in preparation for the 2008 USATF Olympic Trials and the Beijing Summer Olympics: